Build Balloon Columns Easily with our Balloon Column Kits
Balloon columns are a classic party decoration that instantly elevates party décor. If you're new to decorating with balloons, a DIY balloon column is the perfect balloon decoration for beginners. Our balloon column kits make it even easier to build balloon columns because they come with all the supplies you need. In the kits you'll find a mix of latex and foil balloons along with a balloon column stand and assembly instructions. An eye-catching DIY balloon column can be used for any occasion whether it be a baby shower or a graduation. You can display them in entryways, next to party tables, or use them to create a festive photo backdrop. We've got themed balloon column kits to match your celebration or you can make it your own by choosing balloons that match your party theme and purchasing the balloon column stand separately.
Here's how to make a DIY balloon column:
1. Fill the base of your balloon column stand with water, then follow package instructions to build the stand.
2. Use a balloon pump to inflate 32 latex balloons with air, making sure you inflate each balloon to a uniform size.
3. Find the clear plastic disc closest to the base of your column stand. Position your first balloon below the disc and slide the knot up through one of the punched holes.
4. Continue adding balloons by attaching them to the other holes in the disc. Each disc holds a total of four balloons.
5. Create another layer, alternating colors and adding confetti balloons as accents. Continue this pattern as you work your way up the column.
6. To top off your balloon column, fill the foil balloon with air. The plastic cup included in your kit will hold the large balloon upright, so you won’t need helium.
Balloon Decoration Tips
• Use a handheld balloon pump or an electric balloon pump to save time inflating balloons.
• For air-filled balloon decorations, inflate balloons the day before to make day-of party prep a breeze.
• In warmer conditions, slightly under inflate balloons.
• In cooler conditions, slightly over inflate balloons.
• Elevate your balloon design with accessories like faux greenery, garlands, swirl decorations, and more.