Here’s how you can enjoy your balloons and keep them out of waterways and powerlines:
• Inflate Safely - To prevent injury, always use a balloon pump and never inhale helium.
• Don’t Let Go – Use a Weight - Tie a single balloon to a single weight – this stops balloons from floating away and entangling in power lines. Never release balloons outdoors.
• Supervise Children - Uninflated or balloons that have popped can present a choking hazard – always supervise children.
• Be Allergy Aware - Most balloons are made of natural rubber latex and may cause a reaction in those with latex allergies. Look out for symptoms and seek help if required.
• Properly Dispose of Used Balloons - Snip the end of a balloon with scissors to deflate before placing it in a suitable disposal or balloon recycling bin based on your local recycling regulations.