We know that planning a birthday party can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. Use this checklist to make planning and preparing your party a piece of "birthday" cake. We guide you through the planning, logistics, and shopping.
Pinterest is a great place to start for inspiration: create a board filled with decadent dessert tables and quick, but enviable decorations. Now that your creativity is flowing, you'll make quick work of planning and logistics:
- Choose theme — This sets the tone for your party. Pick an existing one or create one of your own. Check out these birthday party ideas for themed party inspiration.
- Determine budget — Before you start shopping, create a budget to know how much you can spend.
- Select date, time, and location — You'll need to figure these out early on. You may decide to book a venue, reserve party rentals, or hire entertainment. No worries, we’ve got you covered with the party professionals at Kazzam.
- Create guest list — Typically, your guest list will depend on the amount of people your venue comfortably accommodates. Start with family and close friends, then extend the list to include neighbors, classmates, colleagues, etc.
- Send invites — The earlier you give guests the party details, the better! Send out invitations 4-6 weeks prior to allow plenty of time to RSVP. Digital invitations can make this even easier!
Now that you've got the preliminary details out of the way, let’s go shopping!
These are the most important items you need for hosting a successful birthday party:
- Balloon Fun
Use the birthday party checklist below to help you shop for all your party essentials. Download our printer-friendly version to prep and plan on the go. Let the fun begin!