For the candy coating
1. Choose Candy Melts in the color red. Melt about 1 cup of candy melt in a small bowl in the microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir and then continue microwaving at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until completely melted.
2. Add approximately ½ teaspoon to 2 teaspoons of cooking oil (the more you add, the smoother the finish) to the melted Candy Melts and stir.
3. Dip a brush in the Candy Melts and sprinkle candy melt on cookies in a blood splatter pattern.
4. Repeat with a toothpick for fine lines of blood splatter.
5. Set finished cookies on parchment paper until dry.