13. Chalkboard cake
Create a customizable chalkboard graduation cake that looks like it stepped out of the classroom and into the center of your party table! Get the look using fondant and food coloring.
1. Bake your grad's favorite flavor cake in a round pan. Stack multiple layers to get extra height.
2. Use a spatula to lightly ice your cake with buttercream icing, then cover your cake with white fondant.
3. Cut four strips of black fondant: two small, one medium, and one large. Wet the back of each strip with a damp brush and smooth each strip around the cake.
4. Dip a pointed brush into the white food coloring and use it as ink to paint your personalized message on the black fondant.
5. Finish up your fabulous centerpiece cake with a few final touches. Try adding candy, sprinkles or cake toppers to finish off with flair!