I love to create colorful backdrops for any party tables, whether they are food tables or award tables like this one. I hung table coverings in the five colors of the Olympic rings behind the table. This is a quick, easy, and inexpensive way to add color and drama to your party decorations. I hung three Olympic medal balloons in front of the backdrop.
To make the Olympic medal balloons:
- Purchase a gold foil balloon, silver foil balloon, and a gold satin balloon -- but DO NOT have Party City inflate the balloons with helium. Ask them if they have extra straws used for inflating air-only balloons.
- Insert the straw into the neck of the balloon and blow the balloon up. Be careful not to over inflate the balloon. Remove the straw and the balloon will seal itself.
- Cut a length of white streamer to serve as the ribbon of the medal.
- Fold the neck of the balloon over the midpoint of the streamer and tape the neck of the balloon to the back of the balloon.
- Hang the streamer in a V to look like an Olympic medal.
- Repeat for the other two balloons.