Idea 2: Build a balloon centerpiece
- Trolls 2 balloon
- 5” mini balloon (for weight)
- 12” balloons in desired colors, 4 total
- 9” balloons in desired colors, 4 total
- Curling ribbon and scissors
1. Fill a mini balloon with water and tie off to create a weight for your balloon centerpiece.
2. Use a balloon pump to inflate four 12” balloons with air. These will form the base of the centerpiece. Make sure you inflate each balloon to a uniform size.
3. Tie the ends of two 12” balloons together. Repeat with a second pair of balloons.
4. Criss-cross the ends of the balloon pairs to create a flower shape. Cut roughly six inches of curling ribbon. Tie a knot around the end of your water-filled mini balloon weight. Attach the remaining length of ribbon around the intersecting point of the criss-crossed balloon pairs.
5. Inflate the 9” balloons to a uniform size. Use the criss-cross flower technique to create the middle balloon layer. Tie this bunch to the large balloon flower using another piece of curling ribbon.
6. Inflate a round foil balloon with air. Tie ribbon to the bottom and connect it to the double-layer balloon base. Make sure the ribbon is tied tightly enough to keep it upright and tied at the center so it sits evenly at the top of the centerpiece.