When you apply for a position with Party City, we collect the following information from you. Please note: in certain instances we may collect the below information from a third party if you provide your resume to such third party who then provides your resume to us. However, in such cases, we will also ask you to apply directly to Party City and provide the following information directly to us.
- Identifiers – such as your email address, contact details, telephone number, social security number, and a unique personal identifier used for our career site login
- Protected Classifications – such as race, national origin, any disabilities you may have, marital status, gender identity and expression, citizenship or citizenship status, and military or veteran status.
- Pre-hire information – such as your resume/CV, and any additional personal information as may be included in your application or cover letter
- Professional information – such as your certifications, and qualifications
- Education information – such as your school or university, your degree earned, your major, and your graduation date
- Inferences from the foregoing – such as a behavioral characteristic assessment
When you apply to Party City, we process this personal information where necessary to review your application, which includes the following reasons:
- To process your application, we process your identifiers, pre-hire information, professional information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing.
- To communicate with you about your application and respond to questions you may have about the application process, we process your identifiers, pre-hire information, professional information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing.
- To conduct reference checks, we process your identifiers, pre-hire information, professional information, and education information
- To assess your suitability for a role for which you have applied, we process your identifiers, pre-hire information, professional information, education information, and inferences from the foregoing.
- Where permitted by local law, to monitor compliance with equal opportunities and non-discrimination policies, as well as for complying with our health, safety, and occupational health obligations, we process your protected classifications.
- To assess your working capacity, we process your protected classifications.
When you apply for a position with Party City, we also collect your identifiers and financial information from ADP. Only if we hire you, we will use this information to determine if you qualify for potential tax credits.
If you provide us with personal information of a reference or any other individual as part of your application, it is your responsibility to obtain consent from that individual prior to providing the information to us.
When you apply for a position with Party City through the careers page our website, (“Career Website”) we automatically collect internet and other electronic network activity information from you using cookies and similar technologies. Cookies are text files that your web browser places on your device when you visit a website. Cookies can be persistent (stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them) or session (expire when you close your browser).
The cookies on our Career Website collect the following internet and other electronic network activity information about you:
- Usage Information. Which pages on our Career Website you access, the frequency of access, what you click on while on our Career Website, and when you accessed the Career Website.
- Location Information. Information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Device Information. Information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and IP addresses.
We use the following cookies on our Career Website to collect your internet and other electronic network activity information for the following purposes:
- Google Tag Manager. We also use Google Tag Manager, a tag management system, to manage tags used for the analytics on our Career Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all tags on our Career Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices here.
Sharing of your personal information with Google DoubleClick, Google Analytics, and AddThis may be deemed a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). The CCPA grants certain rights to our customers who are California residents to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by us to third parties. To exercise your right to opt-out of the above sale, please use the linked opt-outs for each relevant cookie: Google DoubleClick opt-out, Google Analytics opt-out, and AddThis opt-out.
If we make a conditional offer to hire you, we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-hire checks. You must successfully complete pre-hire checks to progress to a final offer. We must confirm the identity of our staff and their right to work in the United States and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability. Therefore:
- You must provide proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents
- We will contact your references using the details you provide in your application
- If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for financial information such as your bank details to process salary payments (for regular, non-temporary personnel) and identifiers such as emergency contact details (so we know whom to contact in case you have an emergency at work)
If you choose to register for Party City Talent Network email alerts to learn about future vacancies, we will collect certain personal information including: identifiers (such as your email address, country, postal address, your first and last name), as well as your education and pre-hire information as may appear on your resume. We use this information for the purpose of providing you with details of vacancies that match your selected criteria.