Way 2 Go! Grad Treat Pops How-To
What You'll Need:SHOP THIS IDEA
- Push-up treat pops containers
- Mini whoopie pie pan
- 12 in. disposable decorating bags
- 25-pc. Cake Decorating Set (tips 2A and 16, disposable decorating bags used)
- Icing colors: Sky Blue, Golden Yellow*, Lemon Yellow*
- White ready-made decorator icing (4.5 lb.)
- Grad caps treat picks
- Treat pops sticker labels
- Push-up treat pop stand
- Favorite white or yellow cake recipe or cake mix
- Cooling grid
1. Make mini whoopie pies. Prepare white or yellow cake batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool whoopie pie cake rounds completely according to pan package directions.
2. Decorate treat pops. Tint portions of decorator icing blue and yellow. Push yellow cake round into bottom of treat pops container. Use tip 2A and blue icing to pipe a swirl of icing from back edge following the curve of the container, then filling in the center. Repeat to add three more layers of cake and alternating yellow and blue icing. Use tip 16 and yellow icing to pipe a swirl on top.
3. Add grad caps and stickers. Place grad cap pick on treats. Attach labels to outside of treat pops containers following package directions and write your own playful congratulatory messages!
4. Stand them up for display. The cap also works as a stand, by inserting the treat pop base into the groove on the cap. Tell your guests to push the stick to enjoy the yummy cake and icing inside. You'll get an A+ for the cutest dessert!
Wilton and the Wilton Logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.