Turkey Oreo Treat Recipe
Here's how to create the adorable turkey Oreo treats featured in our Thanksgiving Appetizer and Dessert Ideas Gallery! Makes 24 treats.
- 48 Oreo cookies (you'll need two 15-oz. packages)
- 24 Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups, refrigerated
- 24 Hershey's Whopper malted milk balls
- 120 pieces of candy corn
- White frosting
- Chocolate frosting
- Black icing tube
- Yellow icing tube
- Red icing tube
1. Carefully pull apart the two halves of one Oreo and gently press 5 candy corn into the stuffing with the wider ends of the candy corn sticking out over the cookie. Spread some frosting onto the Oreo half and press the two halves together. Refrigerate to set.
2. Cut off a small rounded edge of a peanut butter cup (you want to do this so the flat edge can stand on top of the Oreo base). Use chocolate frosting to attach the flat bottom of the Reese's to the Oreo base and the Oreo with the candy corn to the Reese's.
3. Use a small amount of chocolate frosting to attach the Whopper to the Oreo with the candy corn.
4. Pipe small spheres of yellow icing onto the Whopper for eyes, and two small feet onto the Oreo base.
5. Pipe two dots of black icing onto the yellow eyes.
6. Finish with white frosting piped on the Whopper for a beak and red icing for the wattle.