Team Logo Cake Pops Recipe & How-To
Here's how to create these cake pops featured in our Football Party Dessert Ideas Guide
- 1 box of a store-bought cake mix (and all ingredients needed for mix)
- 1 can or 2 cups prepared frosting
- White Wilton chocolate melts
- Blue chocolate dye
- Red Wilton chocolate melts
Supplies:__40 cake pop sticks __Waxed paper and cookie sheet
__Wilton's Basic Cake Decorating Kit __Styrofoam block or colander
1. Bake cake as directed on package (or bake your favorite from scratch).
2. When completely cool, break the cake into crumbs by hand in a large bowl. Mix in full can of frosting until well blended.
3. Roll the cake mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to firm up.
4. Melt the white chocolate as directed or in a melting pot.
5. Dip a lollipop stick about half an inch into the melted chocolate and insert the stick into the bottom of a cake ball. Repeat for remaining cake balls.
6. Place the cake pops back in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, to firm.
7. To make these NY Giants cake pops, add a blue chocolate dye to the melted white chocolate (read chocolate dye package instructions for exact amount).
8. Remove pops from fridge. Dip the entire cake pop into the melted chocolate and place pops upright on Styrofoam, or insert into holes in upside-down colander, until chocolate is completely dry.
9. While pops are cooling, melt red chocolate candy melts (or another color of candy melts to match your favorite football team) as directed, then scoop into decorating bag.
10. Once the pops are completely cooled, use decorating bag to pipe the logo onto the pops. Set back into Styrofoam or colander to cool.
11. Arrange in a Cake Pop Display Stand or in a cool team-logo container filled with a sturdy base such as Styrofoam covered with crinkle paper shreds or candy in your favorite football team's colors.
Makes approximately 40 cake pops