Team Logo Cake Pops Recipe & How-To
Here's how to create these cake pops featured in our Football Party Dessert Ideas Guide.
- 1 box of a store-bought cake mix (and all ingredients needed for mix)
- 1 can or 2 cups prepared frosting
- White Wilton chocolate melts
- Blue chocolate dye
- Red Wilton chocolate melts
- 40 cake pop sticks
- Wax paper and cookie sheet
- Wilton's Basic Cake Decorating Kit
- Styrofoam block or colander
- Bake cake as directed on package (or bake your favorite from scratch).
- When completely cool, break the cake into crumbs by hand in a large bowl. Mix in full can of frosting until well blended.
- Roll the cake mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet covered with waxed paper. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the white chocolate as directed or in a melting pot.
- Dip a lollipop stick about half an inch into the melted chocolate and insert the stick into the bottom of a cake ball. Repeat for remaining cake balls.
- Place the cake pops back in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes, to firm.
- To make these NY Giants cake pops, add a blue chocolate dye to the melted white chocolate (read chocolate dye package instructions for exact amount).
- Remove pops from fridge. Dip the entire cake pop into the melted chocolate and place pops upright on Styrofoam, or insert into holes in upside-down colander, until chocolate is completely dry.
- While pops are cooling, melt red chocolate candy melts (or another color of candy melts to match your favorite football team) as directed, then scoop into decorating bag.
- Once the pops are completely cooled, use decorating bag to pipe the logo onto the pops. Set back into Styrofoam or colander to cool.
- Arrange in a Cake Pop Display Stand or in a cool team-logo container filled with a sturdy base such as Styrofoam covered with crinkle paper shreds or candy in your favorite football team's colors.
Makes approximately 40 cake pops