Tangled Fondant Cake How-to
Here's how to create the fondant cake featured in our Girls Birthday Cake Ideas Gallery and Tangled Party Ideas Guide.
- Two frosted cakes of different sizes
- Green fondant
- White fondant
- Blue fondant
- Purple fondant
- Icing colors in yellow and brown
- Gum paste
- Gum paste glue
- Yellow icing tube
- Green icing tube
- Icing flowers
Supplies:__Fondant roller __X-Acto knife __Toothpick __Tip coupler
__Wilton decorating tip 233 __Tangled candle
- Roll out your green fondant and smooth it over the larger cake, trimming off the excess with an X-Acto knife.
- Knead your ball of white fondant until soft. Set aside a small chunk for later use. Tint the rest pale yellow by using a toothpick to dot yellow icing color onto the fondant and kneading until color is evenly distributed. Roll out the yellow fondant and smooth it over the smaller cake, trimming off the excess with an X-Acto knife.
- Tint the reserved chunk of white fondant brown using the method above. Roll out and, using your X-Acto knife, cut out shapes for wooden beams and the window of the tower.
- Shape your gum paste into a cone for the top of the tower.
- Roll out your purple and blue fondant and cut out rectangles for the shingles. Attach the shingles to the gum paste tower using gum paste glue (crumbled gum paste dissolved in water).
- Dab the fondant wooden beams with water and attach to cake.
- Dab the icing flowers with gum paste glue and attach to cake.
- Fit the tube of green icing with the tip coupler and tip 233 and pipe grass around the base of the cake.
- Fit the tube of yellow icing with the tip coupler and tip 233 and pipe hair coming out the tower window and winding down to the base of the cake.
- Add a Tangled candle and voila! – a princess-worthy cake!