Sweet Santa Donut Hole Pops How-To
Whip up some ho-ho-holiday fun for you and your kin! Featured in our Decadent Dip & Drizzle Christmas Treats Ideas gallery, these scrumptious treats as cool as the North Pole!
- White Candy Melts® Candy* (10 oz. makes 16 to 18 treats)
- Orange Candy Melts® Candy* (12 oz, makes 16 to 18 treats)
- Red Candy Melts® Candy*
- Favorite donut holes
- Red chewy candies (like Laffy Taffy or Starburst)
- Shredded coconut
- Cake pop sticks
- Candy melting pot
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bags or bottle
- Mini gumballs
*available at Party City stores
- Prepare the candy. Melt white, orange and red candy melts separately according to package directions. Use melted orange candy to tint half of the white candy to a peachy skin tone. Save the rest of the white candy for later.
- Dip the donut holes. Dip the end of a cake pop stick into the melted white candy and insert into donut hole. Dip your donut hole into melted skin tone candy, insert into a craft foam block (or other stand) and chill for 5 to 10 minutes. If you prefer, you can cover the donut holes with ready-made fondant with a peachy tint.
- Make the hat. Knead three red chewable candies (like Laffy Taffy or Starburst) together to form a cone shape and curve at the tip. With a decorating bag or bottle, 'glue' the hat to the donut hole with melted skin tone candy. With another bag or bottle, pipe white melted candy for the hat brim and pom-pom. Sprinkle with coconut before the candy hardens. Yum!
- Create Santa faces! With the melted white candy in a decorating bag or bottle, affix candy eyeballs. Use the melted skin tone candy to pipe a dot nose and chill until firm for 3 to 5 minutes. With a decorating bag or bottle, use the melted red candy to draw on a happy smile and chill until firm, about 3 to 5 minutes. Finally, use the melted white candy to pipe a swirly beard and chill for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Display your tasty treats. For a fun and festive presentation, try filling a vase with red or green mini gumballs to easily prop up each stick. Your little elves will love nibbling these sweet Santa snacks!
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Wilton Method Classes are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.