St. Patricks Day Leprechaun Hats How-To
Here's how to create these chocolate-covered Leprechaun Hats featured in our St. Patricks Day Dessert Ideas Guide
Supplies:__Decorating Squeeze Bottles __Decorating Bag __Toothpicks
- Thin cookies, like thin mints or Fudge Stripe cookies
- Large marshmallows
- Dark chocolate candy melts
- Green candy melts
1. Melt dark chocolate candy melts as directed on package.
2. Dip thin cookies into chocolate, coating completely. Shake off excess chocolate and place on parchment paper, top side down, until candy coating is completely set.
3. Use a toothpick to dip marshmallows into chocolate, coating completely. Shake off any excess chocolate and place on parchment paper. When candy coating is completely set, remove toothpicks.
4. Melt green candy melts as directed on package.
5. Flip a chocolate-coated marshmallow upside down and insert a new toothpick in the top. Dip just the bottom of the marshmallow into the melted green candy to create a small band of green. Repeat for all marshmallows.
6. Place marshmallow in the center of a chocolate-covered cookie and remove toothpick.
7. Spoon some of the remaining melted green candy into a piping bag or squeeze bottle and make three small dots in the shape of a triangle on parchment paper. Use a toothpick to swirl the three dots to form a shamrock shape, then pull straight down to make the stem. Let set until completely dry.
8. Finish the hat by attaching a candy shamrock with a small dab of melted green candy.
Makes approximately 30 leprechaun hats.