SpongeBob Candy-Tastic Cake How-To
Decorate a splashy Bikini Bottom cake with colorful gumballs, piped icing flowers and ocean bubbles. Swim over to our SpongeBob Party Ideas Guide for favors, decorations and more party tips. And dig into more awesome ideas for cakes in our Boys Birthday Cake Ideas Guide and Girls Birthday Cake Ideas Guide.
- Two 10" cake rounds
- White decorator icing
- Icing color in sky blue, violet and orange (comes in set)
- Icing color in golden yellow
- Yellow Sixets® (about 35)
- Kiwi green gumballs (about 35)
- Yellow mini gumballs or Sixets®* (about 40)
- Kiwi green Sixlets (about 40)
- SpongeBob birthday candle
- Letter birthday candles
- Wilton decorating set
- 14" round cardboard platter
- Cake decorating is oceans of fun, so dive on in! First you'll tint white decorator icing blue. Mix in sky blue icing until well blended. Place the first cake layer on cake board and ice the top. Place the second cake layer on top of the first, then ice top and sides of both cakes.
- Time to add some candy in sponge-tastic colors! Alternate yellow and green large gumballs at the base of the cake, piping a bit of icing to secure them. Use sweet little Sixlets around the top edge.
- To create the flower decorations, in three different bowls, mix white decorator icing with violet, orange and golden yellow icing color. Use a decorating bag fitted with a #3 tip to draw undersea flowers all around. Looking fab!
- Use some white icing to create cute bubbles.
- SpongeBob candles are a must. Top the cake with SpongeBob, Squidward Patrick, Gary... and your birthday star, too... by spelling out his or her name with letter candles. It'll be the best day ever!