Pumpkin Crisped Rice Cereal Treat How-To
The little vampires and witches will fly over to your dessert table when they see this yummy pumpkin treat. Not just crispy rice… Crispy rice + yummy candy! Creep on over to our Howlin'-good Halloween Treats & Candy Ideas gallery for more fun – like kooky spider cupcakes and monster cookies. This how-to is provided courtesy of the awesome decorating experts at Wilton!
What You'll Need:
- Favorite crisped rice cereal treats recipe
- Orange icing color
- Pumpkin cake pan
- Cooking spray
- Cardboard platter
- FoodWriter edible color marker
- Black and orange gumballs or Sixlets*
- Orange ready-to-use icing tube
- Fruit slices candy
*Available at your local Party City store.
- Make crisped rice cereal treats. Prepare crisped rice cereal treats following recipe directions. Use orange icing color to tint melted marshmallow before mixing.
- Shape crisped rice cereal treat. Spray the pumpkin pan with cooking spray and press crisped rice cereal into pan.
- Make a pumpkin-shaped platter. Personalize a platter for your crispy rice-n-candy treat! Turn the pan over and place the treat onto a cardboard cake platter. Use an edible color marker to outline the pumpkin cereal on the cake platter, then cut out the pumpkin shape with a one-inch border all around.
- Decorate it with candy! Pour yummy black Sixlets or mini gumballs into the eyes, nose and mouth to make your crispy rice treat into an extra-sweet candy display. To outline each section, dot orange Sixlets with icing from the orange icing tube and set in place. Finish it off with a cute stem using green fruit slice candies. Serves 12.
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Wilton Method Classes are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.