Scary-Cute Monster High Cookie Pops How-To
What You'll Need:
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe
- Non-stick cooking spray
- White ready-to-use decorator icing (4 cans)
- Icing colors: rose, sky blue, black
- Disposable decorating bags
- White Candy Melts®* candy
- Cookie sticks
- Standard coupler
- Round icing tip # 3 (in 2pc set)
- Monster High icing decorations
- Trifle container
- Gumballs in black, white, pink, Caribbean blue
- Candy buffet label, matching ribbon
*Available at your local Party City store.
- Make cookies. Prepare your favorite cookie dough recipe and free-hand cut coffin shapes.
- Tint white icing. Tint three cans of decorator icing pink, blue and gray. To create the pink color shown, combine rose with sky blue. To create the gray color shown, use dots of black. Reserve some tinted icing of each color. Reserve one can of white icing.
- Make icing pouring consistency. Heat cans in microwave at defrost setting (30% power) for 20 to 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until icing reaches pouring consistency. Use disposable decorating bags to pipe tinted and white poured icing over cookies until coated. Let set until firm, about 1 hour.
- Attach cookie sticks. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Use melted white candy to attach a cookie stick to the back of each cookie. Chill until firm, about 5 minutes.
- Decorate cookies. Use tip # 3 and reserved icing to pipe outline border around the cookie edges. Now give them some spooky school spirit by piping on locker vents and handles! Add Monster High icing decorations to each one by using a disposable decorating bag and matching icing to attach icing decoration onto cookie.
- Stand them up on display. Place your coffin cookies in a clear container filled with pink, caribbean blue, white and black gumballs for a monster-ific school party treat! "Bone" appetit!
Wilton, the Wilton Logo, Wilton Method Classes and Candy Melt candy are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
MONSTER HIGH™ and associated trademarks and trade dress are owned by, and used under license from, Mattel, Inc. ©2013 Mattel, Inc. All Rights Reserved.