Kooky Monster Cookies How-To
These spooky-licious monster cookies from our Howlin'-good Halloween Treats & Candy Ideas gallery are a scream to make (and gobble up!). Just mix and match candy eyeballs with quirky shapes from a pumpkin cookie decorating kit to create kooky monsters with eye-catching personality! This how-to is provided courtesy of the awesome decorating experts at Wilton.
What You'll Need:
- Favorite roll-out cookie recipe or mix
- Round cookie cutter
- Cookie sheet
- Cooling grid
- White decorator icing
- 8 icing colors set (violet, orange, lemon yellow, leaf green used)
- Tapered spatula
- Bloodshot eyeball icing decorations
- Jack-o'-lantern cupcake decorating kit
- Bake cookies. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Cut using round cookie cutter. Bake and cool cookies.
- Ice cookies. Divide and tint portions of decorator icing purple, orange and green. Combine violet with rose for purple shown, and lemon yellow with leaf green for lime green shown. Use a tapered spatula to spread icing onto the cookies. The kids will really enjoy the bright Halloween colors!
- Decorate cookies. Time for some fun! Gather your little ghosts and ghouls (while the icing is still wet) and let them play around with candy eyeballs on the cookies. One eye or three? They decide! Put out the icing decorations from a jack-o'-lantern decorating kit and use the mouth, nose and eye shapes to make kooky green monster hair and horns, and silly eyebrows and mustaches.
- Enjoy some monster munchies. After the icing dries, set the cookies out on a spooky-fun tray and let the little vampires sink their teeth in – yum!
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Wilton Method Classes are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.