Mickey Mouse Fondant Cake How-to
Oh, boy! Here's how to create the super-sweet Mickey Mouse fondant cake featured in our Mickey Mouse Party Ideas Guide and Boys Birthday Cake Ideas Guide. The kids will smile from ear to ear when you bring it out!
- Two 10" cake rounds
- Buttercream icing mix
- Pre-rolled white fondant
- Pre-rolled black fondant
- Pre-rolled red, blue, yellow fondant (in set)
- Mickey Mouse and other birthday candles
- Happy Birthday toothpick candles
- Sparkling candles
- Number candle
- Mickey Mouse cookie cutter set
- Fondant roller
- Fondant smoother
- Pizza cutter or paring knife
- 16" round cardboard platter
- Serve a clubhouse-worthy cake! First prepare your cake for the fondant by icing it with a layer of buttercream icing.
- Roll out the white fondant, place over the cake and smooth the surface with a fondant smoother. Trim off excess with a pizza cutter or paring knife.
- To make the black mouse ears, roll out your black fondant and use a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter to cut the shapes. Set your mice aside on a flat surface.
- To create the red bands with yellow dots, roll out the red and yellow fondant. Use a small round cookie cutter or a paring knife to cut out the dots. Cut the red strips with a pizza cutter or paring knife. For another fun way to do the yellow spots, try yellow chocolate drops or Sixlets® (available at your local Party City store) – just "glue" them on with royal icing.
- Dab the fondant with water to adhere to the cake. Add the red strips then the yellow circles (or candy).
- Add a colorful array of birthday candles to complete this adorably Disney cake. The birthday boy will be thrilled to blow them out!