Magical My Little Pony Cake How-To
Princess Celestia, Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash are prancing on top of this enchanting birthday cake from our My Little Pony Party Ideas Guide. Trot on over to our Girls Birthday Cake Ideas Gallery for more yummy cake ideas. Nom, nom!
- 2 two-layer round cakes, 10" in diameter
- Buttercream icing
- 3 boxes pre-rolled white fondant
- Color icing kit
- Royal icing
- Pearl sprinkles
- Bright pink gumballs (about 40)
- Pink Sixlets® (about 40)
- Bright pink Sixlets® (about 40)
- Yellow Sixlets® (about 40)
- Caribbean blue Sixlets® (about 40)
- My Little Pony birthday candles
- Fondant roller
- Fondant smoother
- Pizza cutter or paring knife
- Decorating tip #16
- Decorator bag
- 14" cake platter
- To prepare your cake rounds to be covered with fondant, cover them with a layer of buttercream icing. Stack cakes.
- To create pink fondant, use the fondant from 2 boxes and knead into one ball. Using a toothpick, dot pink icing color (from the color icing kit) onto the fondant, and knead until color is evenly distributed.
- Roll out the pink fondant. Place over the entire cake and smooth using a fondant smoother. Trim off the excess with a pizza cutter or paring knife.
- Open the third box of fondant and separate the fondant into 2 halves. To make the snow-capped mountains, tint one of the fondant halves with purple icing color. Take a piece of the other fondant half for the white snow caps. Roll out the purple and white fondants and use a pizza cutter or paring knife to cut out your desired shapes.
- Tint the remaining white fondant with leaf green and sky blue icing colors to make the green fields and water.
- Glue the fondant shapes to the cake with dabs of water.
- Now for a little flower power! Tint small batches of icing in hues to match the mini gumballs. Pipe on with a decorating bag using a drop flower decorating tip (#16). Attach a pearl sprinkle in the center of each flower with royal icing.
- Use royal icing to secure rows of Sixlets® around the top and bright pink gumballs around the bottom of the cake.
- Top off your cake with My Little Pony candles to make your masterpiece as magical as Equestria!