Hats Off to the Grad Cookie How-To
What You'll Need:SHOP THIS IDEA
- Graduation cap cookie cutter
- Icing colors: Golden Yellow*, Lemon Yellow, Royal Blue
- White decorator icing (4.5 lb.)
- 25-pc. Cake Decorating Set (tip 3, Lemon Yellow icing color, disposable decorating bags used)
- White candy melts candy**
- 8 in. cookie treat sticks
- Display container
- Yellow and blue large gumballs
- Yellow and blue mini gumballs or Sixlets®**
- Cookie pan
- Cooling grid
- Rolling pin
**Sixlets® and candy melts available at your local Party City store.
1. Make cookies. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Cut using mortarboard cutter. Bake and cool completely.
2. Prepare icing. Tint portions of decorator icing yellow and blue; reserve some white. Use tip 3 and tinted icing to outline top and base of cap. Set aside a 2 oz. portion of icing for name, button and tassel. Warm icing to pouring consistency. Use cut disposable decorating bag and icing to fill in outlined areas of cookies. Let set about 1 hour.
3. Decorate cookies. Use tip 3 and reserved icing to print name and to pipe dot button, zigzag and string tassel. Let set about 1 hour.
4. Attach sticks. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Dip one end of cookie stick into melted candy and attach to back of cookie. Chill until set.
5. Say "way to go!" to all your grad's friends by making a batch of personalized cookies and standing them up in a container full of school colors candy!
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Candy Melts are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.