Hats Off to the Grad Cookie How-To
As featured in our School Colors Grad Party Ideas Gallery, celebrate the grads with a personalized cookie display that takes treats to the head of the class! This how-to is provided courtesy of the awesome decorating experts at Wilton!
What You'll Need:
- Graduation cap cookie cutter
- Icing colors: Golden Yellow*, Lemon Yellow, Royal Blue
- White decorator icing (4.5 lb.)
- 25-pc. Cake Decorating Set (tip 3, Lemon Yellow icing color, disposable decorating bags used)
- White candy melts candy**
- 8 in. cookie treat sticks
- Display container
- Yellow and blue large gumballs
- Yellow and blue mini gumballs or Sixlets®**
- Cookie pan
- Cooling grid
- Rolling pin
- Make cookies. Prepare cookie dough and roll out following recipe directions. Cut using mortarboard cutter. Bake and cool completely.
- Prepare icing. Tint portions of decorator icing yellow and blue; reserve some white. Use tip 3 and tinted icing to outline top and base of cap. Set aside a 2 oz. portion of icing for name, button and tassel. Warm icing to pouring consistency. Use cut disposable decorating bag and icing to fill in outlined areas of cookies. Let set about 1 hour.
- Decorate cookies. Use tip 3 and reserved icing to print name and to pipe dot button, zigzag and string tassel. Let set about 1 hour.
- Attach sticks. Melt white Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Dip one end of cookie stick into melted candy and attach to back of cookie. Chill until set.
- Say "way to go!" to all your grad's friends by making a batch of personalized cookies and standing them up in a container full of school colors candy!
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Candy Melts are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.