Bunny Cupcakes How-to
Here's how to create the bunny cupcakes featured in our Easter Dessert Ideas Gallery. This how-to is provided courtesy of the awesome decorating experts at Wilton!
What You'll Need:
- White decorator icing (4.5 lb.)
- Icing color: rose, violet, lemon yellow
- 12 in. disposable decorating bags
- Tip: 1M
- Bunnies with jelly beans icing decorations
- Baking cups
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Standard muffin pan
- Cooling grid
- Make 24 cupcakes. Prepare cupcake batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cupcakes.
- Prepare icing. Use toothpicks and icing colors to tint equal portions of decorator icing rose, violet and yellow. Prepare cut disposable bags with tip 1M and fill with icing. Hold bag with one hand and fold down the top with the other hand to form a generous cuff over your hand. Fill bag about half full of icing. Do not overfill the bag or icing may squeeze out from the top. Close bag by unfolding the cuff and twisting the bag closed.
- Ice cupcakes. Pipe swirls on top of cupcakes in each icing color. Hold tip 1M approximately 1/2 in. above cupcake top at a 90 degree angle to cupcake surface. Squeeze out icing in center of cupcake to form a star. Without releasing pressure, raise tip slightly as you pipe a line of icing around the star in a complete rotation. After completing the first rotation, move tip toward center and up and around to make a second spiral around the inside edge of the first spiral. Release pressure to end spiral at center of cupcake.
- Decorate cupcakes. Place bunny icing decorations into icing on cupcakes.
- Enjoy! Serve cupcakes on a tray of candy or display on an Easter cupcake stand.
Wilton, the Wilton Logo and Wilton Method Classes are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Wilton Industries, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.