Batman Fondant Cake How-to
Bam! Pow! Here's how to create the ultimate crime-fighting Batman fondant cake featured in our Batman Party Ideas Guide and Boys Birthday Cake Ideas Guide.
- Two 10" cake rounds
- Buttercream icing mix
- Pre-rolled white fondant
- Pre-rolled black fondant
- Lemon yellow icing color
- Fondant roller
- Fondant smoother
- Pizza cutter or paring knife
- 16" round cardboard platter
- Dessert time, bam! First prepare your cake for the fondant by icing it with a thin layer of buttercream icing.
- To tint the fondant yellow, take a small ball of white fondant and knead it until soft. Use a toothpick to dot lemon yellow icing color onto the fondant. Knead until the color is evenly distributed.
- Roll out and smooth the yellow fondant over the cake and trim off excess with a pizza cutter or paring knife.
- To create the Gotham City skyline and bat symbol, roll out the black fondant until smooth. With a paring knife, freehand the bat symbol or print out a bat image to use as a pattern and cut the fondant with a paring knife to its shape.
- To attach to the cake, dab the black fondant pieces with water. Holy guacamole, Batman, you're almost done!
- Place your bat-tastic cake on a cool metallic platter and your little superheroes will eat it up!