Baseball Cake Pops Recipe & How-To
Here's how to create these cake pops featured in our Grand-Slam MLB Party Tailgating Ideas Gallery
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix (and all ingredients needed for mix)
- 1 can of frosting
- wax paper/ cookie sheet
- Styrofoam block
- white Wilton chocolate candy melts
- red Wilton chocolate candy melts
Supplies:__lollipop sticks __small zip lock bag __scissors
1. Bake cake as directed. After cake is completely cool, break the cake into crumbs by hand in a large bowl. Mix in 1 can of frosting until well blended.
2. Roll the cake mixture into balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
3. Melt the white chocolate as directed or in a melting pot.
4. For each cake ball, dip a lollipop stick into the chocolate about half an inch and insert the stick into the ball. Place pops in the freezer for about 10 minutes or in the fridge for about 20.
5. Once the pops are firm, remove from fridge or freezer and dip the pops into the melted white chocolate and tap excess chocolate off.
6. Place pops upright on Styrofoam until chocolate is completely dry.
7. While pops are cooling, melt red Wilton chocolate melts as directed or in a melting pot.
8. Once melted, scoop into a pastry bag with spatula or spoon, and twist at the top and make a small cut in one corner.
9. Use the bag to pipe the laces onto the pops. Set back on Styrofoam and allow pops to fully dry before serving them.