Baseball Cake Pops Recipe & How-To
Here's how to create these cake pops featured in our Grand-Slam MLB Party Tailgating Ideas Gallery.
- 1 box of your favorite cake mix (and all ingredients needed for mix)
- 1 can of frosting
- White candy melts
- Red icing tube
- Icing tips
- Cookie sticks
- Chocolate melting pot
- Wax paper/ cookie sheet
- Styrofoam block (for drying)
- Prep the cake. Bake cake as directed on package. When completely cool, break the cake into crumbs by hand in a large bowl. Mix in full can of frosting until well blended.
- Make cake balls. Roll the cake mixture into about 50 1-inch balls and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.
- Melt the white candy melts as directed. Use white candy melts and melt as directed or in a melting pot.
- Add the sticks. To secure the sticks in the cake balls, dip a cookie stick into the chocolate about half an inch and insert the stick into the ball.
- Cool the pops. To firm, place pops in the freezer for about 10 minutes or in the fridge for about 20. Use the Styrofoam block as a base.
- Add a second layer of chocolate. Once the pops are firm, remove from fridge or freezer and dip the pops into the melted white chocolate and tap excess chocolate off.
- Prop up pops. Place pops upright on Styrofoam block until chocolate is completely dry.
- Add the stitching with red icing. Use an icing tube with a decorating tip to add stitch pattern. Set back on Styrofoam and allow pops to fully dry before serving.
- Batter up! Display in a baseball-themed bucket or on a cakepop stand for a home-run tailgating treat!