Angry Birds Fondant Cake How-to
- A frosted cake
- White fondant
- Black fondant
- Red fondant
- Yellow fondant
- Orange fondant
- Icing color in sky blue and brown
- Gum paste
- Green icing tube
Supplies:__Fondant roller __X-Acto knife __Toothpick
__Tip coupler __Wilton decorating tip 233 __Angry Birds candles
1. Knead the ball of white fondant until soft. Set aside a small chunk for later use. Tint the rest light blue by using a toothpick to dot sky blue icing color onto the fondant and kneading until color is evenly distributed. Roll out the blue fondant and smooth it over the cake, trimming off the excess with an X-Acto knife.
2. Roll out the reserved white fondant and, using your X-Acto knife, cut out shapes for clouds, Red Bird and Yellow Bird. Freehand if you feel comfortable, or make some sketches first and cut the fondant to them.
3. Roll out the red, yellow, black and orange fondant. Cut out shapes to finish the Red Bird and Yellow Bird. Dab the fondant clouds and Angry Birds with water and attach to cake.
4. Tint your gum paste with brown icing color and shape by hand into a slingshot.
5. Fit the tube of green icing with the tip coupler and tip 233 and pipe grass around the base of the cake. Finish by leaning the gum paste slingshot against the cake and topping it with a fun mix of candles.